Table of Contents
- Laminate Floor Vacuum Product Comparison
- #1 Hoover PowerBrush Wind Tunnel Cyclonic Upright Stick
- #2 Bissell PowerEdge 81L2T for Hard Floors
- #3 Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum
- #4 Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum 3684F w/ Pet Attachments
- #5 Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Vacuum SC3683A
Many homes are now using a variety of composite wood flooring materials because they are more economical and need less maintenance. Here, we find the best vacuum for laminate floors that will keep your home surfaces clean, great looking and looking like that for a long time.
Very much like what you would use to vacuum hardwood floors, you’ll want to get vacuum cleaners that work well for bare surfaces. This means you don’t want it to have a beater bar or hard brushes that can scrape or damage the protective surface.
While some upright vacuums do well for laminate floors, we prefer canister or stick type models. We put together this list of the best vacuums for laminate wood flooring to help you determine which vacuum is right for your home. These are our top recommended laminate floor vacuums that will perform extremely well and not break the bank.
Laminate Floor Vacuum Product Comparison
|Bissell||Symphony||10.1 lbs||See Price|
|Shark||Genius||5.7 lbs||See Price|
|Hoover||FloorMate FH40010B||16 lbs||See Price|
|Euro-Pro Shark||S3501N||5.4 lbs||See Price|
|SteamFast||SF-275||16 lbs||See Price|
This is the best laminate floor cleaner when it comes to cleaning your floor completely and thoroughly. The benefits of the vacuum cleaner is that it is lightweight, but powerful.
It is very stylish, not very tall in stature, but will clean surfaces with ease. It has a swivel floor nozzle that helps you get under furniture and in tight spaces really well.
It is also bagless which makes it easy to empty debris into the trash. This is a top rated cleaning apparatus for synthetic floors because it cleans up a great deal of dirt and debris without causing any harm to the surfaces.
- Long 20 foot cord
- Easy to store away
- Powered nozzle
- Motor is 7.2 amps
- Easy to carry around because it weighs less than 10 lbs.
- Offers ability to switch brushroll on and off. Thus can be used for carpets and hard surfaces
- Low clearance head allows it to get under furniture and cabinets
- Easy storage due to its size and shape
- Suction isn’t as strong as other stick vacuums
- No retractable cord which makes it more time consuming
- Aren’t ideal for cleaning large homes or apartments
It comes with a specially designed head that guides the particles into the part where the suction is most powerful so as not to leave or push dust and the smaller bit around. It also comes with rubber attachments that will act like a magnet to vacuum up even pet hair with ease.
This is a good tools if you have a combination of pets and hard floor areas at home.
Surface Type: Hard Floors
Cleaning System: Cyclonic
Power Rating: 5 Amps
Weight: 7.5 lbs
Power Source: Corded
Power Cord Length: 20 ft.Bag
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Allows you to easily clean around furniture legs with its swivel head
- The V shape foot captures larger debris into the center of the suction path, while the smaller debris is captured by the ends of the V head
- Designed with pet hair attracting rubber material placed underneath the device to catch more animal fur
- There is no hardwood broom or attachment needed
- Easily cleans low pile rugs
- The dirt cup makes it easy empty the dirt, so clean up is a breeze
- No attachments and tools included which makes it difficult to tackle areas like ceilings or drapes
- Difficult to use on stairs. While easy to carry, you’ll need to lift it up each step
With good suction power it works well in hard flooring like tiles, laminate, linoleum and wood. It does a great job in picking up small debris like coffee grinds or sugar that may have been scattered on the floor.
For bigger particles, you may need to lift the head up a bit because the clearance may not let those things get by even if the suction is strong enough to pull them in.
Also included are some bells and whistles. It runs on battery so you won’t need to deal with the electric cord before, during or after vacuuming. There are also a number of indicators that will warn you about low battery and when the filters need cleaning.
For the hard floor owner, the switch to turn the brushroll on or off also adds to the versatility as well as convenience while doing housework.
- Cordless vacuum with rechargeable 18 volt Lithium Ion battery
- Has a switch to turn brushroll on and off making it ideal for homes with different flooring types
- Removable dirt bin with bottom release to drop dirt to trash
- Washable filter
- Very good suction power, works well with small and large debris
- Does a good job on bare floors and carpeting
- Lightweight at less than 8 lbs.
- It is a bagless vacuum cleaner with easy to clean dirt cup
- No extra costs for replacing dirt bags.Very good at cleaning edges, often picking up dirt and particles on the first pass
- Cordless run time lasts a little over 15 minutes
- More expensive compared to other Stick Vacuums
- Not enough swivel in the head making it less mobile relative to similar models
- Harder to use on stairs
- It does not come with attachments or a hose
Pets often leave a odor, and the HEPA filtration helps improve air quality by taking out just about all the unwanted dirt molecules that can cause allergies or make other sensitivities flare up.
- 12 Amp power motor
- Pet Power Paw attachment for cleaning fur and hair from stairs and fabric
- HEPA filtration system to remove 99% of allergens and pollutants
- 20 ft. power cord
- Blower port
- Weighs 8.6 pounds, and comes with easy to carry handle
- Small footprint at 17 by 9 by 11 inches in dimension
- Dual functionality with vacuum on one side and blower on the other
- Works on hardwood floors, carpets, upholstery and furniture
- Comes with features to remove odors that come with having pets in the home
- Parts are made of plastic
- Suction settings aren’t adjusted by the usual switch but by rotating a ring near where you hold the handle.
- You can accidentally change settings unintentionally
If you have a bigger house or want a stronger machine to tackle the housekeeping workload. This commercial grade device is used by companies that offer cleaning services.Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Grade with 7 ft. Hose and 20 foot Cord
Canister vacuums are often ideal for more sensitive areas, like wood surfaces and fabrics, because they offer a number of different tools that are made to get the dirt out without using any harsh means to do so.
Thus, avoiding any possibility of damaging the furniture or flooring. You can also choose to use the suction only route if needed.
- 20 foot power cord
- Multiple attachments including dusting brush, crevice tool, and carpet cleaner for area rugs and low pile carpets
- Wide 10 inch path
- Small compact design
- Strong suction, works well enough for commercial use including janitorial or cleaning services
- Works with hard flooring and bare surfaces like wood, linoleum and tiles
- Long telescopic wand with adjustable length offers versatility
- Easy to move between rooms at less than 10 lbs.
- Shoulder strap so you for more convenient carrying
- Accepts HEPA filters if you want to be able to get better air quality
- Sealed filtration system so dirt that’s been collected doesn’t leak back out
- No automatic cord rewind feature
- It is a bagged vacuum, which means ongoing costs as you’ll need to replace the bag often
- Floor tool could use improvements like small wheels that turn to make it easy to maneuver
- Canister can get hot after prolonged use
Is it OK to vacuum laminate floors?
It’s perfectly fine to vacuum your laminate floors as long as you don’t use a vacuum with a hard bristled beater brush. If your vacuum has a setting to turn the brush off, do that and just use the suction feature. An even better option is to use a microfiber broom pad to sweep your hardwood flooring after you vacuum.
Is a steam mop good for laminate floors?
Because of the issue of moisture from the steam mop penetrating and potentially damaging your flooring, never use a steam mop until you consult with your flooring manufacturer’s guide. Some laminate floors may be ok to use steam on, but water and any wood product generally don’t mix well. Use a brushless vacuum or a damp microfiber mop head if you want to deep clean your laminate flooring.
Can you use a wet Swiffer on laminate floors?
The Swiffer line of products includes dry Swiffer pads & wet Swiffer pads along with the Wet Jet System, all of which can be used on laminate and other types of wood flooring.
What is the Best Laminate Floor Cleaner?
While you will find a lot of “wood floor” cleaning products on the market, if you have laminate flooring in your home, be sure to only use a product that is marked “safe for laminate flooring”. It’s a different animal compared to real wood flooring and you can do irreparable damage if you don’t use the correct products to clean it. Never spray or place liquid cleaners directly on the laminate flooring. Apply the products to your mop or purchase mop pads that have the cleaner applied to the mop already. Use a static charged dry mop pad to sweep the floors first, then use the damp mop pads for deep cleaning after.
How do you make laminate floors shine?
- First, make sure the floor is free of any dust and debris by sweeping it with a microfiber broom or pad. You can also vacuum your laminate floors with a vacuum that doesn’t use a beater brush.
- Add a cup of white vinegar to a gallon of warm water.
- Place this cleaner in a new spray bottle and lightly spray the areas of the floor you’re going to clean. Use your soft mop head to spread the cleaner around, spraying more as you go.
- Use a dry, lint free microfiber cloth and wipe the floor dry by hand in a circular motion.
- Use a laminate floor polish that’s approved for your model of flooring and apply it to the floor in the farthest corner of the room. Spread the polish out with a dry cloth or the application tool that came with the polish.
- Apply the polish in smaller sections, letting it dry per the product applications.
- Wipe the excess polish off the floor if necessary and avoid walking on the newly polished areas for 24 hours.
Is Roomba good for laminate floors?
The Roomba and other robotic vacuum cleaners are designed for carpet, tile, hardwood and laminate flooring. It uses a soft brush and suction mechanism which is gentle on all flooring materials and won’t damage the surfaces. The Roomba type vacuums will pick up small to medium sized debris as well as dust and pet hair.