Table of Contents
- Product Comparison Table
- #1 Hoover React Powered Reach Premier Upright Vacuum
- #2 Bissell PowerEdge 81L2T for Hard Floors
- #3 Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum
- #4 Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum 3684F w/ Pet Attachments
- #5 Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Vacuum SC3683A
- Laminate Floor Vacuum Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Many homes are now using a variety of composite wood flooring materials because they are more economical and need less maintenance. Here, we find the best vacuum for laminate floors that will keep your home surfaces clean, great looking and looking like that for a long time.
Very much like what you would use to vacuum hardwood floors, you’ll want to get vacuum cleaners that work well for bare surfaces. This means you don’t want it to have a beater bar or hard brushes that can scrape or damage the protective surface.
While some upright vacuums do well for laminate floors, we prefer canister or stick type models. We put together this list of the best vacuums for laminate wood flooring to help you determine which vacuum is right for your home. These are our top recommended laminate floor vacuums that will perform extremely well and not break the bank.
Product Comparison Table
#1 Hoover React Powered Reach Premier Upright Vacuum
This is the one of the best laminate floor vacuums when it comes to cleaning your floor completely and thoroughly with some great tech features. The benefits of the vacuum cleaner is that it is lightweight, but extremely powerful.
It’s also very stylish looking which I love, but it’s easy to maneuver and has suction like crazy. It has a swivel floor nozzle that helps you get under furniture and in tight spaces really well.
It is also bagless which makes it easy to empty debris into the trash. This is a top rated vacuum for synthetic floors because it cleans up a great deal of dirt and debris without causing any harm to the surfaces. The power reach mode is amazing because it gives you easy access under couches and furniture without having to move them. The multi cyclonic technology provides constant suction, even with changes in cleaning surface. This vacuum does an amazing job and I suggest you add it to your short list of vacuums to consider for cleaning your laminate flooring.
- FloorSense Technology – Utilizes micro-sensors that detect changing floor types and automatically adjusts brush roll speed for the best results on any floor type
- Powered Lift System – Powered Reach Mode gives you greater access and further cleaning reach without having to move furniture
- WindTunnel Surge – Designed to capture dirt, dust and pet hair Cleaning path is 13 inches
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology – Our advanced technology for No Loss of Suction ensures a continuous cleaning experience
- Hoover App – Hoover REACT Powered Reach is compatible with the Hoover App, which allows you to customize your cleaning experience and maintain your vacuum for optimal performance
- 30 foot cord length
- 1.5L dirt cup capacity
- Wide 13″ cleaning path
- Great suction on all surfaces
- Short hose length
- Attachments leave something to be desired
#2 Bissell PowerEdge 81L2T for Hard Floors
It comes with a specially designed head that guides the particles into the part where the suction is most powerful so as not to leave or push dust and the smaller bit around. It also comes with rubber attachments that will act like a magnet to vacuum up even pet hair with ease.
This is a good tools if you have a combination of pets and hard floor areas at home.
Surface Type: Hard Floors
Cleaning System: Cyclonic
Power Rating: 5 Amps
Weight: 7.5 lbs
Power Source: Corded
Power Cord Length: 20 ft.Bag
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Allows you to easily clean around furniture legs with its swivel head
- The V shape foot captures larger debris into the center of the suction path, while the smaller debris is captured by the ends of the V head
- Designed with pet hair attracting rubber material placed underneath the device to catch more animal fur
- There is no hardwood broom or attachment needed
- Easily cleans low pile rugs
- The dirt cup makes it easy empty the dirt, so clean up is a breeze
- No attachments and tools included which makes it difficult to tackle areas like ceilings or drapes
- Difficult to use on stairs. While easy to carry, you’ll need to lift it up each step
#3 Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum
This is one of the more premium stick models available. And while its is priced higher than most similar items, it continues to rank among the best sellers because of its performance.
With good suction power it works well in hard flooring like tiles, laminate, linoleum and wood. It does a great job in picking up small debris like coffee grinds or sugar that may have been scattered on the floor.
For bigger particles, you may need to lift the head up a bit because the clearance may not let those things get by even if the suction is strong enough to pull them in.
Also included are some bells and whistles. It runs on battery so you won’t need to deal with the electric cord before, during or after vacuuming. There are also a number of indicators that will warn you about low battery and when the filters need cleaning.
For the hard floor owner, the switch to turn the brushroll on or off also adds to the versatility as well as convenience while doing housework.
- Cordless vacuum with rechargeable 18 volt Lithium Ion battery
- Has a switch to turn brushroll on and off making it ideal for homes with different flooring types
- Removable dirt bin with bottom release to drop dirt to trash
- Washable filter
- Very good suction power, works well with small and large debris
- Does a good job on bare floors and carpeting
- Lightweight at less than 8 lbs.
- It is a bagless vacuum cleaner with easy to clean dirt cup
- No extra costs for replacing dirt bags.Very good at cleaning edges, often picking up dirt and particles on the first pass
- Cordless run time lasts a little over 15 minutes
- More expensive compared to other Stick Vacuums
- Not enough swivel in the head making it less mobile relative to similar models
- Harder to use on stairs
- It does not come with attachments or a hose
#4 Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum 3684F w/ Pet Attachments
It has a number of features added to it including the small but useful Pet Power Paw tool that makes removing stubborn fur and dander even from tight areas, upholstery or carpeting.
Pets often leave a odor, and the HEPA filtration helps improve air quality by taking out just about all the unwanted dirt molecules that can cause allergies or make other sensitivities flare up.
- 12 Amp power motor
- Pet Power Paw attachment for cleaning fur and hair from stairs and fabric
- HEPA filtration system to remove 99% of allergens and pollutants
- 20 ft. power cord
- Blower port
- Weighs 8.6 pounds, and comes with easy to carry handle
- Small footprint at 17 by 9 by 11 inches in dimension
- Dual functionality with vacuum on one side and blower on the other
- Works on hardwood floors, carpets, upholstery and furniture
- Comes with features to remove odors that come with having pets in the home
- Parts are made of plastic
- Suction settings aren’t adjusted by the usual switch but by rotating a ring near where you hold the handle.
- You can accidentally change settings unintentionally
#5 Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Vacuum SC3683A
If you have a bigger house or want a stronger machine to tackle the housekeeping workload. This commercial grade device is used by companies that offer cleaning services. Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Grade with 7 ft. Hose and 20 foot Cord
Canister vacuums are often ideal for more sensitive areas, like wood surfaces and fabrics, because they offer a number of different tools that are made to get the dirt out without using any harsh means to do so.
Thus, avoiding any possibility of damaging the furniture or flooring. You can also choose to use the suction only route if needed.
- 20 foot power cord
- Multiple attachments including dusting brush, crevice tool, and carpet cleaner for area rugs and low pile carpets
- Wide 10 inch path
- Small compact design
- Strong suction, works well enough for commercial use including janitorial or cleaning services
- Works with hard flooring and bare surfaces like wood, linoleum and tiles
- Long telescopic wand with adjustable length offers versatility
- Easy to move between rooms at less than 10 lbs.
- Shoulder strap so you for more convenient carrying
- Accepts HEPA filters if you want to be able to get better air quality
- Sealed filtration system so dirt that’s been collected doesn’t leak back out
- No automatic cord rewind feature
- It is a bagged vacuum, which means ongoing costs as you’ll need to replace the bag often
- Floor tool could use improvements like small wheels that turn to make it easy to maneuver
- Canister can get hot after prolonged use
Laminate Floor Vacuum Buyers Guide
If you’re serious about investing in a good quality vacuum to keep your floors clean, you’ll want to consider a few aspects before making the purchase. I’ve given you a great list of 5 vacuums that will serve you well, but choosing the right one for your home and needs is just as important.
There are several different styles of vacuum on the market today. These include canister vacuums, uprights, sticks, and even robotic vacuums. Each one serves a different purpose and is designed for cleaning different surfaces better than others. This will come down to personal preference more than anything, but make sure you get a model that has the features you want and fits your budget.
The weight of a laminate floor vacuum plays an essential function, particularly if raising tons is a difficulty to you. You need to choose a product that is very easy to lug or intimidate from one indicate an additional. Nowadays, vacuum makers have actually chosen to make use of lighter products to drop out the concern of excess weight.
When it pertains to a laminate floor cleaner, you do not truly require excessive suction power. Select a thing that secures suitably with the floor since it will not experience a loss in suction power. The securing activity makes sure comfy and also effective cleansing.
Suction power establishes just how much dust and also dirt a vacuum can manage the surface areas. The electric motor of a vacuum produces this suction power while the vacuum head style figures out the suction performance. Somewhat, the securing activity of the directly the floor likewise establishes the performance of the device.
It is necessary to pick a laminate floor cleanser that consists of the suction button. This feature assists you manage the quantity of air flow when cleansing your laminate floor. Vacuum with this attribute are simple to make use of and also properly obtain the job done.
Not every hoover on the marketplace is optimal for cleansing edges. You will certainly notice that some vacuums can not grab dust along the edges & baseboards as well. For reliable edge cleansing, find a cleaner with a bristled brush or hole device.
Ease of Use
It is smart as well as sensible to choose a vacuum that you can run with convenience. You require an item that everybody in your home can really feel comfy utilizing. Keep away from items that require you to describe the individual handbook every single time you require to place it to make use of.
You do not require to pay too much for a laminate floor cleaner if you can obtain a less expensive choice. Nowadays the marketplace provides excellent vacuum for under $100. And also these less costly ones can function equally as well as their more expensive units.
Cost is something you need to seriously take into consideration. You can just buy what you can manage. See to it to contrast rates prior to you purchase any kind of provided thing. Bear in mind that not all pricey items are produced equivalent.
Bare Floor Setup
It deserves obtaining a laminate floor cleaner with setups for bare floors. See to it likewise comes requirement with elevation change. Several vacuum customers favor one that offers automated elevation change to hand-operated elevation modification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best vacuum for laminate floors?
From our reviews & testing, we ranked the #1 Hoover React Powered Reach Premier Upright Vacuum as the top vacuum you should be using for your laminate floors. There are several other good vacuums out there that work well on engineered flooring, but this performed the best from our testing.
Is it OK to vacuum laminate floors?
Absolutely. It’s one of the best ways to keep your floors clean on a daily basis and poses almost no risk of damage to your flooring. Just be sure to turn off the brush feature when using a vacuum to clean your floors. You also may want to consider using a hardwood floor broom along with a laminate floor vacuum for additional cleaning.
Are Swiffers good for laminate floors?
Swiffers are great for quick cleaning of laminate flooring. They pick up most of the dust, hair and debris that’s left on the floors daily. We like to use a swiffer before using a vacuum to get the floors really clean.
Should I wet mop laminate flooring?
Never use wet mops or steam cleaners on laminate flooring. The excessive moisture can cause permanent damage to your flooring. Always use a damp cloth to pick up spills and make sure to dry the area thoroughly. For deep cleaning, use approved laminate floor cleaning products and applicators.
Does laminate flooring reduce the value of my home?
The quality of laminate wood flooring has come a long way in the past 15 years. Prior to that, laminate flooring was considered a cheap wood option for homes, but with the advances in materials and manufacturing, laminate floors are one of the preferred flooring options for many homeowners. You can get many different wood looks at a considerably lower price than full hardwood flooring. Laminate flooring will improve the value of your home over carpeting, but real hardwood is always more valuable and sought after by potential home buyers.
How can I deep clean my laminate floors?
First off, never use a wet mop or steam cleaner. These have too much moisture for laminate flooring. To get a good, deep clean, use a lightly damp mop after vacuuming dust and debris from the floor. Use extremely hot water along with a few drops of your favorite dish soap. This is a very mild cleaning agent and as long as you keep the mop lightly damp, you won’t risk hurting your flooring. There are products by Bona and Bruce that are made for laminate floor cleaning as well.